Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Aunt Teatle's Pig Pickin' Cake!

So yumm O!!!! In honor of Auntie Teatle!

JJ's Chocolate sheet cake.... yumm O Too! 100% from scratch!

Yep...I'm on the ball! One mom asked me if I paid $6 per pheasant feather at Michaels!!! I said "HECK NO, I SENT MY HUSBAND OUT WITH .25 BULLET AND TOLD HIM TO MAKE MAMA HAPPY!!!!"

No my stockings dont match but my daughters love the white fluffy soft ones! I thinks it's cause they're wider and hold more stuff ;)


Yes, we believe!

One of life's treasures is my Aunt Teatle (name is a long story)...She took me everywhere just like I was one of her own. I stayed with her for weeks on end in the summers. She even gave me my 1st job. Some of my best memories are with her, Mamaw, Miranda, and Shelly :) Once she made a cake....and to this day my family and most especially my daughters and hubby LOVE IT! And I love my Auntie :) We will be by to see you this weekend!

So here it is for everyone to enjoy!

1 box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 big 12oz, I think, can of mandarin oranges with juice
Add all ingredients and mix well. Bake @ 325 in two floured round cake pans till golden brown. LET COOL.

Icing
1 large tub cool whip
1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 large can crushed pineapple with the juice
Mix this together and ice the cake. Put lots in between the layers...there will be plenty for the kiddos after!
If possible make the night before and leave in the fridge to get cold!
And now Im off to devil the king's ransom worth of eggs and make my little Kuntry Bumpkin, Ellie May, I mean, Kaleigh, some pea salad for dinner tomorrow!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone, I'm thankful for all of you!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mindy, thank you for your sweet words and remembering me and the things we did! I still think of you and your kids all the time. I too made the Pig Pickin cake for Thanksgiving. Actually it's the first time in a long time! Still a hit! Every time we go to Miranda's and pass through Huntsville, I think about all the times me and Mamaw brought y'all home with us! Do you remember that? Y'all were always special to me. One of these days I want to come to your house and see you! Everything looks so pretty! We had a good Thanksgiving, hope you did too! Love you!

~Shelly~ said...

Aw so sweet :)
Lots of good childhood memories include you!
Sure wish we could've seen yall this year for Turkey day!

Miranda said...

You forgot to mention all the times that you were with us that you BEAT me with a coat hanger.. do you remember the tornado warning that Hewitt had and we played football outside until the last minute before we came in and took cover in that tiny little bathroom! AWWW chicken man, what ever happened to him. You tramatized me making out with him in my living room!

Mindy said...

Well, Miranda...let's not forget that you had a steak knife. Poor Shelly.