Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby puppy woes, sighhhhhhhhhhhhh


Lil Bit's a handful, that's for sure and house breaking a puppy just as winter sets in is no walk in the park. For starters I keep a clean house and wet dogs equal messy floors. Therefore, I'm going over my floors 2 to 3 times a day...Woody can hold it pretty good but since Lil Bit's bladder in the size of a pea ~ He obviously cannot! But this "little dog" ownership is pretty cool, despite the tired. He's cute and cuddly and oh so very sweet. I took him to Petsmart on Saturday and I bet 15 people had to hold him! I was looking for a sweater but no such luck, all too big :( I dont want anything gay or frou frou...my dogs a boy and I want him to look like a boy I just cant find anything small enough.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

CRATE,CRATE,CRATE!!!! Spencer was 6weeks old when i got him. And i literally kept him in the crate all day while i was at work. He stayed out in the evening with me and then at bed time he went back in. It took about 6 weeks until he he was where he was accident free :) I know keeping my crated all day seems mean, but now spencer LOVES his "house" he still sleeps in there to this day. I never did the whole puppy pad or newspaper thing because all he did was tear it up. :( He'll get it and you guys will to.

Mindy said...

I have him in a crate at night and he doesn't have accidents...but since Im home all day I keep him in a slightly larger box/basket....he cant stand it when I go out of sight :( so he whimpers a lot! Of coarse if Woody barks, he's barking too! I CANNOT do puupy pads, them and daycare babies dont mix, plus its just gross! He just gets wet a lot and then needs a bath, so bathe him like one of my daughters ~ DAILY! It's just more work (not that he isn't worth it) on top of a SUPER crazy schedule already! I crate trained Woody and he can hold it for 2 weeks!!!!!